Monday, February 14, 2011

Stubble Animations

I've got good news! I've been recruited to create animation for the end credits of an upcoming short, "Molly Sandwich" for Stubble Animation! The story follows a little girl named Molly who is attacked by a man-eating sandwich. The model is looking pretty good so far:


The directors didn't want the stereotypical white-on-black credits that most student films have, so a little 2D animation should fix that. I will be using a childish, crayon-textured style, similar to a short I did last year, called "Number 4 Boogie":




I've also been working on my online branding, as advised by an instructor. All of my sites need a color, theme or banner that ties them together. Since I call myself FireCamel on the internet, I thought a camel theme would be appropriate. I'm working on a trotting camel who comes on screen and sets something on fire. Here's what I've got so far:





Since I couldn't find much reference for camel trotting, I used a horse as reference instead. I found good material here: http://animatortrav.blogspot.com/2011/01/breakdown-horse-trot-animation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment